Thursday, August 11, 2016

A Morning Bus Mishap

J and I are currently operating with only one car, which has posed a few logistical issues when it comes to living life in Alaska.  I've been alternatively biking, carpooling, and riding the bus to work in the mornings.  This morning, I was reading a great article on the American Gymnastics Team and got so distracted I missed my bus stop.  Unfortunately, the next bus stop is about a mile away, so I got a nice walk in this morning.  On the walk back to work, I stopped by Lowes to buy a larger pot for one of my split leaf philodendrons at work and ended up purchasing a second, as of yet unidentified, plant with awesome red coloring. Anyone know what this is?
Military Mama Musings - Hypoestes phyllostachya - Polka Dot Plant
Update:  this is possibly a Hypoestes phyllostachya 'Splash Select' Red - Polka Dot Plant

Military Mama Musings - Hypoestes phyllostachya - Polka Dot Plant

Carrying both the pot and the plant I walked through a drive-thru since my adventure seemed to deserve a coffee and scone reward, which was slightly awkward and reminded me of being in college again.  But when you are trying to get breakfast along a limited route at 7:30 am there are not a lot of chances to be picky.  The things that we find acceptable before we become an adult are hilarious looking back, and without a car, I'm starting to feel like my Adult card is being revoked.  The scone, cheese and ham, was incredibly delicious, and has inspired me to bake tonight!  Anyway, it was a good start to the day, and my Fitbit applauded me for doing so much walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment